Sunday 7 August 2011

Apathy of rain Gods!

If you are staying in and around Gurgaon and if you find people gazing at the sky these days, be sure they are pleading to the rain Gods to show some mercy. This is my second rainy season here. This second one qualifies only because geography says July/Aug is that season. Else, the day feels as hot and humid as an April day. Rains have been scarce. I can count on fingers the number of times it rained this season.





I am not sure when will I see such thick black clouds over Gurgaon!

Anyways, pleading for rains in Gurgaon always pose you that classical dilemma. 10 minutes of hardcore rain is enough to throw you into hours of traffic snarls. Puddles and poodles of water everywhere. Such is the pathetic state of roads here. I still remember, when I was packing my bags for Gurgaon from Bangalore, one of my friends quipped, "Its called Singapore of India, mate!". I am not sure if he meant sarcasm!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. We need Tansen back...to sing megh malhar .then only wish will come true

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter