Monday 8 August 2011

Cocktail of bad roads and cheeky traffic

It seems someone up there has already started reading my posts! After my complaint, it rained today (I think I should complain more frequently). And rained heavily, for full 15 minutes. Yeah, that's the share this satellite city gets from the overall rainfall quota. I wonder if that is all we are going to get in August. I say bring'aarakshan' (reservation) for rains too and distribute it evenly!

Though I wasn't privy to Gurgaon roads at that time (what was I doing? making some obscure slide deck!), you can be sure they resembled a number of small mud pools at that time.

Don't get the picture? Picture this ( not today's).



OK! This one is a big mud pool.

To add to the bad roads, there is this unique traffic sense of Gurgaoites. Combine the two and you have a heady cocktail ready. Almost every four wheeler driver gets orgasmic pleasure in overtaking you from the left side with an 'Up Yours!' look in their eyes or is it 'Me first'? When a traffic light turns orange after Green, it means accelerate as much as you can. I guess, I am being harsh on Gurgaon here. It holds true for entire country. I am still trying to remember the last time someone flashed dipper to ask for the side!

Cheers!
Happy negotiating (the roads and the traffic)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter